Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome Home Jack and Isabella!!

Getting some good-bye hugs from Susan and Lisa


We were so blessed to bring home Jack and Isabella yesterday after spending 18 days in the NICU. My sweet little Gabe is still there because of some oxygen saturation issues that he is trying to work through. Yesterday was such a roller coaster of emotions for me(not that my emotions aren't enough of a roller coaster). On one hand, I couldn't be more thrilled that two of my babies were well enough to come home after only a 2 1/2 weeks, but on the other hand, I could hardly stand to leave one behind. We are so fortunate to have the best nurses taking care of our sweet baby. I know he is getting lots of hugs and getting extra spoiled, so that makes it a little easier.

Daddy getting Isabella ready for the ride home


It's Jack's turn!


Gabe waving good-bye. See you soon brother and sister!!


As for the two at home, they did great last night. My mom and Jackson's mom stayed up with them ALL NIGHT and watched them breathe so I could get some rest between feedings. Thank you!! So we survived the first night with two. Whew!!!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. We are thrilled that things are going well. The Perkins Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats woman!!! that is awesome! and i remember leaving babies up in the NICU while bringing some home, it was the hardest thing! hang in there--gabe will be home in no time! you are SO blessed to have two wonderful mommys ready to help out! love you guys so much!!! lets start planning that reunion for next summer!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable! I'm so glad they are doing well and were able to come home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad they are coming home. gabe will be soon too, i am sure!

    ReplyDelete